FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
WARNER BROS. ENTERTAINMENT LAUNCHES THIRD
ANNUAL COMIC-CON KEY CARD PROMOTION ON
29,000 SAN DIEGO HOTEL ROOM KEYS
Five Collectible Room Keys Showcase TV Series “Smallville,” “Supernatural” and
“V,” DC Universe’s “Batman: Under the Red Hood” and DC Comics’ App
Twitter Pitch: Warner Bros. unveils promotion on 29,000 hotel room keys for #Comic-Con #2010: http://bit.ly/WBSDCC #WBSDCC @thewbdotcom
BURBANK, Calif. (July 16, 2010) – Warner Bros. Entertainment (WBE) is launching its third annual San Diego hotel room key promotion for Comic-Con 2010, creating five limited-edition collectible key cards featuring specially designed artwork for the following properties:
- Warner Bros. Television series “Smallville,” “Supernatural” and “V”
- DC Comics’ Digital Comic App
- Warner Bros. Home Entertainment Group’s release of “Batman: Under the Red Hood”
A total of 29,000 branded room keys, designed by Warner Bros.’ Worldwide Television Marketing unit, will be distributed at 36 participating hotels throughout the San Diego area during the week of the Con. Featuring five different designs in two size variations, the room keys will generate buzz around the Studio’s properties among fans.
To download artwork of the room keys, please click here:
- “Smallville”: To celebrate the 10th and final season of “Smallville” and the show’s final appearance at Comic-Con, the key card features a shot of series star and executive producer Tom Welling. “Smallville” returns on September 24, airing Fridays at 8/7c on The CW.
- “Supernatural”: Series stars Jared Padalecki and Jensen Ackles return to lead this hit series into its sixth season, airing on a new night this fall: Fridays at 9/8c on The CW. The series premieres September 24.
- “V”: The thrilling drama series had the highest-rated debut episode of any scripted series during the 2009–10 season among Adults 18–49 and returns for its second season in November on ABC. The key card features series star Morena Baccarin in her role as Anna, the leader of the Visitors.
- “Batman: Under the Red Hood”: The most recent entry in the popular ongoing series of DC UNIVERSE animated original PG-13 movies – from Warner Premiere, DC Entertainment and Warner Bros. Animation – is available for digital rental on iTunes, Amazon Video On Demand, Sony PlayStation Network, Zune Marketplace on Xbox Live and Best Buy CinemaNow starting July 24 and purchase July 27 on Blu-ray™, DVD and for download.
- DC Comics’App: With the successful debut of DC Comics’ App for iPhone®, iPad® and iPod® Touch and Sony’s PSP®, now fans can download hundreds of comic books from their favorite DC Comics, Vertigo and WildStorm issues. .
For additional information about Warner Bros. Television activities at Comic-Con, follow us on Twitter @TheWBdotcom and use hashtag #WBSDCC, log on to www.thewb.com/comiccon, or read news at www.thewb.com/blog.