FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
THE SUMMER SIZZLES WITH “HIGH DRAMA 2: AGAINST ALL OZ” “CHADAM,” “EXPOSED” AND “DOWNERS GROVE” ON THEWB.COM
There’s Something For Everyone as Four New Original Series Premiere June 15
BURBANK, Calif. (June 15, 2010) – Things heat up on TheWB.com this summer with the June 15 premiere of four new original series: “High Drama 2: Against All Oz,” “Chadam,” “Exposed” and “Downers Grove.” From real-life drama and cutting-edge animation to a modern thriller and off-beat comedy, TheWB.com has fans covered with a hot programming selection. Offerings include new series from producer/director McG (“Terminator Salvation,” “Supernatural”) and Jace Hall (“V”), among others.
- High Drama 2: Against All Oz: Viewers can get their docudrama TV fix by going behind the scenes with the students of Freedom High School in Bethlehem, Penn., as they prepare for the opening night musical production of The Wizard of Oz. The series features real characters, real drama and no scripts. Episodes 1–5 launch Tuesday, June 15, with the remaining episodes 6–10 on Tuesday, June 22.
- Chadam: Animation and machinima fans will enjoy “Chadam,” an action-horror-adventure story from cutting-edge artist Alex Pardee and producer Jace Hall, created using the Unreal Engine 3, the gaming technology behind hit the videogame titles “Gears of War” and “BioShock.” A resident of Cardboard City, Chadam must learn to use his hidden powers to free the city’s residents from the violent zombie-like pallid. Episodes 1–5 premiere Tuesday, June 15, with the remaining episodes 6–10 launching Tuesday, June 22.
- Exposed: This cerebral thriller takes viewers into the world of Henry Dye, a college student with a dark past. Menacing text messages and paranoia threaten to destroy Henry as he searches for the extortive source, all while attempting to maintain a normal existence to his fiancée and family. Episodes 1–8 launch Tuesday, June 15, with the remaining episodes 9–16 debuting Tuesday, June 22.
- Downers Grove: Fans of off-beat buddy comedies should definitely visit “Downers Grove,” which is not only a suburb of Chicago, but also a state of mind. Follow four friends and their misadventures as they hang out, drink and stave off the boredom of life in the ’burbs. Episodes 1–5 will go live Tuesday, June 15, with the remaining episodes 6–9 launching Tuesday, June 22.
Social Media Links:
- High Drama 2: Against All Oz
- TheWB.com: http://www.thewb.com/shows/chadam
- Alex Pardee Facebook Page: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Alex-Pardee/28942283385
- Alex Pardee Twitter: @alexpardee
- Jace Hall Twitter: @jacehall
- The Used Facebook Page: http://www.facebook.com/TheUsed
- Downers Grove
“High Drama 2: Against All Oz” gives viewers an exclusive backstage pass to The Freedom High School Theater Company’s production of The Wizard of Oz. Viewers will get a look behind the curtain as casting pits friend against friend, students with Broadway stars in their eyes try to move beyond the confines of the high school stage, and the pressures of a sold-out show threaten to bring the cast and crew crashing back to Earth. “High Drama 2: Against All Oz” features real characters, real drama and no scripts. From Bombo Sports & Entertainment in association with Studio 2.0, “High Drama 2: Against All Oz” is executive produced by Bombo’s Steven Bram, Paul Doyle, Jr. and Bob Potter, and Studio 2.0’s Rich Rosenthal.
“Chadam” is an action-horror-adventure story which follows its self-titled hero as he develops his power of imagination to physically change his environment and, ultimately, his world. Chadam must learn to harnesses his power of imagination after he’s called upon to save the residents of Cardboard City from the maniacal serial killer, Viceroy, and the zombie-like pallid who have taken over the city. The character Chadam was originally created by cutting-edge artist Alex Pardee for the band The Used. In this installment, “Chadam” is realized in full 3D animation via the power of the Unreal Engine 3, the same gaming engine used in popular videogame titles such as “Gears of War” and “BioShock,” for the Xbox, Playstation 3 and PC platforms. From HD Films in association with Studio 2.0, “Chadam” is executive produced by Jace Hall.
In “Exposed,” handsome, brooding Henry Dye seems like any other Ivy League pre-med student to his friends and acquaintances. But when Henry starts receiving a series of cryptic, untraceable cell phone texts ordering him to carry out increasingly perilous tasks, he is forced to comply – with the threat of exposing his shocking past and true identity if he fails. “Exposed” is executive produced by McG and co-executive produced by Blake Calhoun and Mike Maden. The series is from Wonderland Sound and Vision, Alternative Fuel LLC in association with Studio 2.0.
“Downers Grove” follows Alden, Brett, Pudge and Jodi, four friends in their early 20s who never grew up. When everyone their age went away to college, they stayed in the suburbs, always on the prowl for the next party and never far from disturbing the peace. In Downers Grove, you can never go home again. So they never left. From Sorry, Dad Productions and Mr. Nice, in association with Studio 2.0, “Downers Grove” was created by Justin Becker, Michael Blaiklock, David Horwitz and Elisha Yaffe. The executive producers are Anne Kenny and Eric Wilker.
TheWB.com is a premium, ad-supported, video-on-demand, interactive and personalized network featuring original series created or acquired specifically for TheWB.com, a collection of The WB Network’s most popular series and other successful programming, a commitment to interactivity, and an extensive network of distribution partners. Follow TheWB.com on Twitter @thewbdotcom.