FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
BARENAKED LADIES MAKES A SURPRISE APPEARANCE AT THE
COMIC-CON PANEL FOR “THE BIG BANG THEORY,”
PERFORMING THEIR THEME SONG TO THE HIT COMEDY SERIES
“Math, science, history, unraveling the mysteries,
that all started with the big bang. BANG!”
SAN DIEGO and BURBANK, Calif. (July 23, 2010) – “Math, science, history, unraveling the mysteries, that all started with the big bang. BANG!” Grammy-nominated multiplatinum pop-rock group Barenaked Ladies made a surprise appearance at Comic-Con: International San Diego for an impromptu performance of their theme song to the hit comedy “The Big Bang Theory” during the show’s panel session on Friday.
- To see the band’s live performance – complete with audience sing-along – from Ballroom 20 at Comic-Con today, please click here: http://bit.ly/ddCDVJ
- The backstory: In 2007, Barenaked Ladies’ singer/guitarist Ed Robertson was asked by “The Big Bang Theory” creators Chuck Lorre and Bill Prady – who are fans of the band – to pen the theme song as a “sort of history of everything … in about 32 seconds.”
- A live concert performance of the song from July 12, 2010, at Red Rocks, can be found here: http://bit.ly/c9Sou8
- On Anything Can Happen Friday in San Diego, “The Big Bang Theory” – which kicks off a new night of comedy on Thursdays at 8/7 for CBS this fall – returned to a heroes’ welcome at Comic-Con for a special screening and a Q&A featuring the show’s creators and stars. Resident “Big Bang” alum Wil Wheaton moderated a lively discussion featuring executive producers Chuck Lorre and Bill Prady, as well as series stars Johnny Galecki, Jim Parsons, Kaley Cuoco, Simon Helberg and Kunal Nayyar.
- Warner Home Video will release “The Big Bang Theory: The Complete Third Season” on Blu-ray™ and DVD on September 14.
For additional information about Warner Bros. Television activities at Comic-Con, follow us on Twitter @TheWBdotcom and use hashtag #WBSDCC, log on to www.thewb.com/comiccon, and read news at www.thewb.com/blog
SOCIAL MEDIA LINKS
“The Big Bang Theory” @BigBang_CBS www.twitter.com/BigBang_CBS
Bill Prady @billprady www.twitter.com/billprady
Kunal Nayyar @kunalnayyar www.twitter.com/kunalnayyar
Wil Wheaton (Moderator) @wilw www.twitter.com/wilw
Barenaked Ladies @barenakedladies www.twitter.com/barenakedladies
About “The Big Bang Theory”
TV’s hottest comedy and the #1 scripted series on U.S. television among Adults 18–49, “The Big Bang Theory” was just nominated for five Primetime Emmy® Awards, including Jim Parsons for Outstanding Lead Actor in a Comedy Series. The series, from Chuck Lorre Productions in association with Warner Bros. Television, also won the 2010 People’s Choice Award for Favorite TV Comedy. Created by Chuck Lorre (“Two and a Half Men”) and Bill Prady (“Dharma & Greg”), who executive produce along with Lee Aronsohn (“Two and a Half Men”), the series stars Johnny Galecki (“Roseanne”), Jim Parsons (“Garden State”), Kaley Cuoco (“Charmed”), Simon Helberg (“Dr. Horrible’s Sing-Along Blog”) and Kunal Nayyar (“NCIS”).
About Barenaked Ladies
Acclaimed multiplatinum pop-rock group the Barenaked Ladies and their label Raisin’ Records recently released their 11th album, All In Good Time, which debuted at #1 on Billboard’s Top Independent Album Chart. The band (lead vocalist/guitarist Ed Robertson, bassist/vocalist Jim Creeggan, keyboardist/guitarist/vocalist Kevin Hearn and drummer/vocalist Tyler Stewart) are currently touring the U.S., with European dates to follow in the fall. Over the course of the past 22 years, the Barenaked Ladies have racked up eight Juno Awards and multiple Grammy nominations, sold more than 14 million albums worldwide, written a plethora of hit singles (including “One Week,” “Pinch Me” and “If I Had $1,000,000”) and amassed an international fanbase whose members number in the millions. For more information, please visit www.barenakedladies.com